Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A taxpayer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders


Ok, so ya want some raw political debate? My friend Jon and I are going to attempt to pull off our own "Hannady & Colmes" here, but hopefully neither of us will be nearly as totally ANNOYING as the two of them are. This all came about as somewhat of an extension of "over a beer" type discussions between friends with very different political senses (religious too, but I think politics is enough of a topic for one blog...) Bare in mind that I am just a normal dude who just now is getting to be more interested in politics as I am finally actually beginning to see it affecting me and my family. So don't expect any extensive research and I guarantee I'll have some facts wrong here or there, but I do know where I stand on many of today's issues effecting our country. And OBAMA ain't the answer! Government run / mandated healthcare ain't the answer. Higher taxes ain't the answer. Foreign energy dependency ain't the answer. Crippling our economic potential because of the ever evolving lie that is Global Warming certainly is not the answer (or since no one is buying that one anymore we now must refer to the bs as "Climate Change". Tough to argue with that one Mr. Gore. How much do I owe you?

Simply put, Keep the Govt out of my life!!! A perfect example of this is the DMV. I don't know about you, but I have always dreaded having to go there because of the total and blatant disregard for the "customer" experience. (kind of like Kanab) Ok, now imagine that the Govt is thrown out of it and private investors are able to run a DMV and compete with other DMV owners. Think it might be a better experience to visit one of these places? Think you would be treated courteously and respectfully? Think they might want to get you in and out of there as quickly as possible knowing that your time is valuable? Think they would do their best to make you a repeat customer? Think they would hire friendly and knowledgeable staff to assist you? Of freaking course they would! My case is rested.

No comments: